All divisions in the Battle of LA will use the 2017-2018 US Lacrosse and NFHS rules with the following exceptions/modifications.
1. FORMAT: Championship play with pool play Saturday and semi-final, final, and consolation games on Sunday. All teams will most likely play 3 games on Saturday and 2 games on Sunday. All teams are required to play both days and complete their entire schedule.
2. ELIGIBILITY: It is the responsibility of each team to ensure that all players meet age eligibility requirements for the division in which they participate, as published on the tournament website.
3. TIMING: Two 25-minute halves, 5 minute half time, 5 minutes between games. Games will start every hour on the hour. A central horn will sound for the beginning and ending of each game period. Game duration and halftime may be shortened to keep the tournament on schedule.
4. TIES & OVERTIME: Pool/consolation games may end in a tie, no overtime. Overtime in playoff games only: two 5-minute sudden victory periods followed by a brave heart format if needed.
5. SUBSTITUTIONS: All substitutions will be on the fly.
6. TIMEOUTS: No timeouts in pool/consolation games. Playoff games each team will be allowed one 1-minute timeout per game, which may be called by the team in possession any place on the field. Timeouts may be called by either team during a dead ball situation. The game clock will be stopped during timeouts. There are NO timeouts allowed in overtime periods.
7. COUNTS: 20 seconds to clear half field. NO 10 second count to get the ball into the offensive box until the last two minutes. Last two minutes of the game, team in the lead must clear the ball in 20 seconds, get the ball into the box in 10 seconds, and keep the ball in. Stalling may be called.
8. ROSTERS: Rosters are set for each tournament. Teams may not move or transfer players between teams within or outside the club regardless of eligibility. Once a player has been assigned and accepted for a particular team, that player may only participate on that team at that specific tournament. Contact tournament director if you need to borrow players.
A player may be disqualified for any of the following violations:
Immediate disqualification for any team found to be using illegal players. Any games won with illegal players will be reclassified as a forfeit.
9. SCORE: The official score will be kept on the field by the Referee. Scoreboards are the unofficial score and will be updated by the Field Marshal. Both coaches and both referees please agree to final score and sign the score card for each game. Final score cards will be collected after every game.
10. STANDINGS: Tournament standings will be based off of points: 3 points for a win, 1 point for a tie, and 0 points for a loss. Point Tie Breaker:
1. PENALTIES: 45 second technical foul, 90 second personal foul. Officials may extend penalty time if needed. Penalty time starts on the restart of whistle.
2. EJECTIONS & FIGHTING: To the discretion of officials and/or tournament directors, any participant (player, coach, team official, or spectator) who participates in a fight during tournament play, on or off the playing field, may be subject to a one or more game suspension, up to automatic disqualification from the tournament. Any player or coach called for verbal abuse will serve a one-minute unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Continued abuse will result in ejection from the contest, and potentially the tournament. Officials report on the score card the name and the number of any player expelled for fighting. No profanity or unsportsmanlike conduct will be tolerated. Offending team(s) may be disqualified.
3. CHECKING: Player safety is paramount. No "Take-Out" Checks. Zero helmet to helmet or body to helmet checks permitted. One-handed and wild/uncontrolled checks will be considered a slash, even if contact is not made.
4. 8U SPECIFIC RULES:
5. 10U SPECIFIC RULES: 10 v 10, normal sized field. Only 3 long poles on field. Long pole lengths 47"-54"